Glenn Wolff, LCSW's Blog

Glenn Wolff, LCSW's thoughts and ruminations Flag as Inappropriate

Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors. What's on your mind? What's on your mind? Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell something
Posts awaiting your approval 0
Leslie Yager May 23, 2013 at 06:58 am
this is great advice. There have been so many disasters in a row, this is a conversation not limitedRead More to just a few parents, unfortunately.
Glenn Wolff, LCSW May 27, 2013 at 11:14 pm
Thank you Leslie for your comment. The key ingredient remains to be open and available to yourRead More child's questions, fears, and concerns.
Leslie Yager May 16, 2013 at 09:21 am
Great to see you back on Greenwich Patch. With all the step parent situations I know, the complaintRead More I hear more often is of spoiling and indulging rather than disciplining, but we all strive for "balance and harmony." Some "broken families" actually work pretty well.
Siwanoy February 7, 2013 at 06:14 pm
Exactly! instead of just looking at how we can prevent our kids from being bullied, we should alsoRead More be looking at how to prevent our kids from being the bullies.
Glenn Wolff, LCSW February 7, 2013 at 06:54 pm
AZ and Sinawoy, Thank you for your comments. Please refer to the link below for guidelines if youRead More suspect your child is bullying another child. http://www.kzoo.edu/psych/stop_bullying/for_parents/help_kids_who_bully.html
Siwanoy February 7, 2013 at 07:40 pm
very good link, thank you for the info!
Margaret Callahan January 30, 2013 at 03:42 pm
No one LIKES to get up in the dark. Not sure if there is a branch of government that relocatesRead More citizens to warm climates, Glen. One can dream...
Glenn Wolff, LCSW January 30, 2013 at 05:52 pm
Thank you Mr. Dunbar for your comments. Just think...Spring is on its way!
Glenn Wolff, LCSW January 30, 2013 at 05:52 pm
Margaret, Yes, one can dream...
T 22 December 18, 2012 at 08:55 pm
Thank you for sharing this. I also lost my son in February to senseless gun violence. I can vouchRead More for the fact that you truly feel like a part of you has died. Even though you have good times and even some laughter. The sadness is always, always there. It really does feel like you'll never get over it. I look at in terms of my "previous life" and my "current life". These are tough times and I have all these parents in my heart. The pain gets a little easier to tolerate, but the constant thoughts of your child are always somewhere in your mind, no matter what you are doing.
Glenn Wolff, LCSW December 19, 2012 at 03:43 am
Dear T 22, Thank you so much for sharing your experience of losing your son in February.Read More Sincerely, Glenn Wolff
Glenn Wolff, LCSW July 28, 2012 at 02:43 am
Thanks Susan.
Maria Carillet June 28, 2013 at 10:24 am
My brother suffered severe bout of depression 9-10 months back. He had completely isolated himselfRead More from all of us. I was very much worried for him. I started giving him <a href="http://www.easterndrugs.com/Anti-Depressant/Paxil_49.html">Paxil generic</a> after consulting to my family doctor. I can see some signs of improvement in him now. I hope he recovers fast. Thanks
Maria Carillet June 28, 2013 at 10:25 am
My brother suffered severe bout of depression 9-10 months back. He had completely isolated himselfRead More from all of us. I was very much worried for him. I started giving him Paxil generic after consulting to my family doctor. And i order it from online drugstore http://www.easterndrugs.com I can see some signs of improvement in him now. I hope he recovers fast.
Glenn Wolff, LCSW June 5, 2012 at 08:52 pm
Thank you Deborah. Are your kids heading to camp?
Deborah Galle June 5, 2012 at 10:29 pm
No, the only kids I have are of the critter kind...
Glenn Wolff, LCSW June 6, 2012 at 02:04 am
Well, they do have doggie day camp!
Glenn Wolff, LCSW May 26, 2012 at 04:51 am
Thank you Joan for the feedback. Best, Glenn
Brigitte Grisanti May 29, 2012 at 02:59 pm
Parents need to spend more time with their kids.Family night should be a staple across the UnitedRead More States. Brigitte Grisanti
Glenn Wolff, LCSW May 29, 2012 at 05:50 pm
Brigitte, I agree with your sentiment. Sincerely, Glenn
NewCanaanVoter April 19, 2012 at 01:26 am
"In fact, this upcoming generation of teens has been given the name 'Generation Rx.'"Read More That's because too many of them are taking doctor-prescribed drugs, not because too many kids are abusing prescription drugs. "Well over 15,000 Americans have died as a result of prescription drug overdoses" And only ~400 of those are teens who overdosed on prescription drugs[1], and only a fraction of those were actually abusing them. Roughly 25% of those are suicides[2], and many more were using the drugs as directed but died anyway from adverse reactions. That means of the ~30 million teens in the US, you have maybe 100 - 200 actual deaths each year from prescription drug abuse, meaning that articles like this tend to encourage harm from drug misuse rather then preventing it. If you want to write propaganda articles, try at least reading some books first and getting a basic education on the subject. [1] http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/04/16/cdc-accidental-kids-deaths-down-30-percent/ [2] Leonard J. Paulozzi, Richard H. Weisler, Ashwin A. Patkar. A National Epidemic of Unintentional Prescription Opioid Overdose Deaths. The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 2011.
Leslie Yager April 19, 2012 at 10:35 pm
NewCanaanVoter, you must not realize that Glenn Wolff IS an expert in the subject.
Leslie Yager April 21, 2012 at 11:25 am
Also see "Teen Deaths Related to Prescription Drug Abuse Skyrocket http://patch.com/A-sByh onRead More New Canaan Patch.
Suzze February 21, 2012 at 06:49 pm
An apology, for any reason, that is given because it is expected and disingenuous is worse or equalRead More to no apology at all. To me it's a non-truth.
Glenn Wolff, LCSW February 21, 2012 at 07:20 pm
Susan, Do you have a specific situation in mind? How would you handle an insincere apology?
Suzze February 21, 2012 at 09:39 pm
I don't have a specific situation in mind; but some people think that saying "I'm sorry"Read More after doing something hurtful makes it all better. It doesn't wipe away the hurt. Authenticity, genuine sorrow for the action and a conversation on how the situation could be avoided in the future, is needed. Most times "soorrreee" is not enough.