There were only 70 of these pavement-tearing cars allocated for sale in the United States back in 2003 — and two of them are owned by Greenwich residents.
Aside from that distinction, it's no surprise that the 2003 Ferrari Enzo coupe also is at the top of the 2013 Greenwich Tax Assessor's motor vehicle Grand List. It turns out that 16 of the top 20 most valued cars in Greenwich are Ferraris.
The street-legal Enzo has 660 horsepower that produces a neck-snapping 0 to 60 mph in 3.14 seconds, according to Motor Trend magazine. According to TopSpeed.com, the Enzo sold for about $670,000 when it was new and today, the car can command prices of nearly $3 million.
Based on 70 percent valuation, the tax assessor has assessed the Enzos at $706,020 each. One is owner by designer Tommy Hilfiger, the other by William S. Pepe.
Rounding out the list of the top 20 motor vehicles in town are:
- 1963 Mercedes Benz 300SL convertible owned by Sheldon H. Solow; $331,590.
- 1991 Ferrari F40 coupe owned by Mark J. Davies; $325,220.
- 2011 Ferrari 599 GTO couple owned by William S. Pepe. $294,980.
- 2011 Ferrari 599 GTO couple owned by Woodland Capital. $294,980.
- 2013 Rolls Roys Phantom owned by David L. Annakie; $279,300.
- 2012 Ferrari Spider convertible owned by Joseph M. Pontoriero; $250,390.
- 2012 Ferrari FF two-door hatch owned by Larry N. Feinberg; $220,220.
- 2012 Ferrari FF coupe owned byAnthony J. Giammalva; $220,220.
- 2012 Maybach coupe owned by Tudor Investment; $213,500.
- 1972 Ferrari 365 GTB two-door sedan; owned by Christopher W. Maybury; $212,800.
- 2008 Merz SLR convertible owned by Joseph M. Pontoriero; $211,260.
- 2013 Ferrari 458 Itali convertible owned by Steven Evans; $210,280.
- 2013 Ferrari 458 Itali convertible owned by Anuj M. Patel; $210,280.
- 2013 Ferrari 458 Itali convertible owned by Putnam Leasing Co. LLC; $210,280.
- 1967 Ferrari 330GTC two-door sedan; owned by Khakum Classic Cars LLC; $210,280.
- 2012 Ferrari 458 Itali coupe owned by Scott Willi Edmonds; $193,270.
- 2012 Ferrari 458 Itali convertible owned by Tommy Hilfiger; $193,270.
- 2012 Ferrari 458 Itali two-door sedan owned bySteven K. Lichtman; $193,270.