For those seeking work in the area — or those who are looking for a new job, or even a second job — check out the list of local job openings below.
Para-Educator, Danbury Public Schools. Source: Indeed.com"Position type: Student Support Services (Non-certified)/Paraeducator. Location: Ellsworth Ave. Posted on Oct. 25, 2013. Must possess a high school diploma. Computer skills required. Macintosh skills highly desirable. Aptitude for technology/media work to be performed. 15 hours/week."
Head Cashier, Barnes & Noble, Norwalk. Full time. Source: Indeed.com "As a Head Cashier, you are responsible for delivering world-class customer service at cashwrap by resolving any situation to the satisfaction of the customer. You assist in the daily operations at the register, in accordance with proper cash handling and loss prevention procedures. You have a passion for what you do, serving as a mentor to other booksellers and making the store experience interactive and engaging."
Regular Education Paraprofessional, Westport Public Schools. Source: Indeed.com "Location: Kings Highway Elementary. Date available: As soon as possible. Requirements:
External applicants MUST submit an on-line application via our website (www.westport.k12.ct.us) and follow directions. Job I.D.:583"
Driver Helper, Temporary, Seasonal, UPS, Norwalk.Source: Indeed.com "Day: (8:00 AM - 8:00 PM) UPS is hiring individuals to work as temporary, seasonal Driver Helpers. This is a physical, fast-paced, outdoor position that involves continual lifting, lowering and carrying packages that typically weigh 25 - 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs. It requires excellent customer contact skills and a lot of walking."
Team Member, Applegate Kitchens, Darien I-95 South Travel Plaza. Full time and part time. Source: Indeed.com "We just opened our location in the I-95S travel plaza in Darien. The travel plaza is easily accessible from the Noroton Heights Metro North Station. It is about a 5 minute walk from the station to the plaza via a path that runs from the station to the plaza."
Applegate Kitchens exists to help Americans reconnect to the food they eat. We use organic and natural products, and we support local farms by purchasing directly from them. Full Time and Part Time opportunities are available. Training would begin immediately!"
Sales Manager, New England Region, Electrical Fire Safety. Source: CareerBuilder Rice Professional search: "Our client a market leader in the supply and distribution of fire protection equipment and fire prevention devices, seeks a dynamic technical sales manager with knowledge & experience in the commercialization and sale of electrical control safety equipment to chemical, petrochemical, refining, industrial processing plants for paints, solvents, coatings, and food & beverage industry accounts.
- Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Industrial, or Technical degree preferred
- 6 + years of commercial experience in Sales, Business Development, and Marketing of Industrial, Technical Products, such as Safety Equipment, Industrial Hazard Controls, and Electrical Equipment.
- Areas of preferred knowledge and experience to include: Fire Safety Equipment, Fire Suppression Systems, Fire Extinguishers & Chemicals, Smoke Detectors..."
Panera Bread also listed openings for Restaurant Manager at their stores in Danbury, Fairfield and Norwalk.
Caregivers, Greater Norwalk, Bridgeport and Danbury areas, Griswold Home Care. Source: CareerBuilder "Griswold Home Care refers caregivers who have these minimum qualifications:
- Compassionate provider of personal care, homemaking, and companion services
- 1+ years of experience caring for a senior or the elderly
- HHA, PCA or CNA preferred, or comparable and relevant experience and/or training
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to pass a thorough Criminal and Background Record Check
- A minimum of 4 recent references (2 personal and 2 professional)
- Cleared fitness to work and 2-step PPD test
- Have a heart for the elderly, honest, trustworthy, reliable, and patient with those in need
- Reliable transportation to a client’s home and/or a valid driver’s license if required by the client
- Please submit your resume and then call our office to find out more about the opportunity of being a caregiver.
- We are looking for hourly caregivers and live-in caregivers
- Certification not required but preferred"
Custodial Aide, Old Greenwich Civic Center, Part-Time. Source: Indeed.com "$12.00 - $15.00 Hourly. This position is located at the Old Greenwich Civic Center and is evening hours (Monday and Tuesday) and fill in as necessary. Up to 15 hours per week. Requires: High school diploma or the equivalent plus six months experience in performing custodial work."