The following are some interesting marriage and divorce statistics.
- 78% of adult Americans have been married at one point in their life.
- 50% of all first marriages end in divorce
- 64%of all second marriages end in divorce
- 74%of all third marriages end in divorce
- The United States has the highest incidence of divorce in the free world
- Couples with children have only a slightly lower rate of divorce
- There no longer seems to be much of a stigma attached to divorce;rather, people view divorce as just another rite of passage.
Most interesting fact...Many young adults make the assumption that most people will marry several times seeking a different partner for each phase of their life.