Successful Study Skills 4 Students (S4) will run an evidence-based study skills workshop for all area students in grades 6 through 8.
Classes will be held on five Wednesdays: October 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30 from 3:30 to 5:00 pm at the Stamford Jewish Community Center at 1035 Newfield Ave., Stamford.
The S4 program is designed to provide students with the skills and strategies needed for academic confidence, motivation and achievement.
Students will learn a range of study skills with the following benefits:
• Better classroom engagement
• Increased focus
• Reduced anxiety and stress
• Strategies for longer retention
• Better preparation for class, tests and projects
• Increased ability to synthesize information
• Enhanced critical thinking skills
• Increased confidence
• An independent approach to learning
S4 supplies all materials, including that for at-home support. The 7.5-hour, 5-session workshop costs $395. JCC members may register for $370; call 203-307-5455 for information. To register online, visit http://bit.ly/JCC_Fall_2013 .
For more information, contact S4 at 203-30-S-K-I-L-L (203-307-5455) or e-mail info@S4StudySkills.com.