Today is Fairfield County Giving Day, and it's an opportunity to give a financial boost to your favorite charities and nonprofit organizations.
For 24 hours — until midnight tonight — the Fairfield County Community Foundation (FCCF) and its funding partner, Bank of America, are offering up $100,000 in prize money to more than 300 nonprofits. According to FCCF, the goal of this online, 24-hour day of giving, is to raise $1 million for more than 300 nonprofits throughout the region.
There are more than a dozen Greenwich organizations participating:
- Audubon Greenwich
- Avon Theatre Film Center
- The Bruce Museum
- Community Centers Inc.
- Family Centers Inc.
- Garden Education Center of Greenwich Inc.
- Greenwich ARC, Inc dba Abilis
- Greenwich Arts Council Inc.
- Greenwich Ballet Academy Inc.
- Greenwich Green and Clean Inc.
- Greenwich Historical Society Inc.
- Greenwich Land Trust Inc.
- Kids in Crisis, Inc.
- Mianus River Watershed Council Inc.
- Neighbor to Neighbor Inc.
- Old Greenwich-Riverside Community Center Inc.
- YMCA of Greenwich
There also will be awards made to organizations that raise the most money by 10 a.m. and those that raise the most money.