Kathy's Cabbage with Dill
A few fresh ingredients and quick preparation make this a delicious farm-to-table side dish. Both green cabbage and fresh dill is available at Augustine's Farm.
1/2 head of chopped cabbage
1/3 cup finely chopped dill
1/2 stick butter or margarine
Salt & pepper to taste
- Chop cabbage and put in large bowl
- Melt butter in large skillet
- Place the heap of chopped cabbage in skillet
- Add 1/3 cup of dill and cover skillet with lid on medium heat
- After 5 minutes toss the cabbage and dill so that it is well coated with butter or margarine
- Cover and cook for another 10 minutes, tossing occasionally. Cabbage should be wilted and soft.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with a sprig of dill. Serves 4