Mary Villani Salamon
Local business employee, Greenwich Hospital volunteer
Mary Villani Salamon, age 88, of Greenwich, passed away Aug. 27, 2012 at Greenwich Hospital.
Mary was born to Dante and Anna Villani on June 29, 1924 in New York City, where she resided before moving to Greenwich in 1965. Mary was predeceased in life by her first husband Eugene Molinari.
She was a devoted mother to their son, Dante (Danny).
In 1957 she married her second husband Mario Salamon and together they worked in the Restaurant Business in Greenwich for many years before Mario's passing in 1993. In her later years, Mary worked at Hoagland's and DW Rogers in Greenwich. After retiring, Mary was a volunteer at Greenwich Hospital.
Survivors, in addition to her son Dante (Shelley), Mary will be sadly missed but always adored by her sister Eva Strinati (Louis) and brother Joseph Villani (Joyce). Mary cherished her close cousins, nephews and nieces.
A private graveside service will be held at St. Mary's Cemetery in Greenwich. Donations may be made to a charity of one's choice.
, Inc. is in charge of arrangements.
Julia M. Stolarski
Retired Town of Greenwich employee
Julia M. Stolarski, age 98, of Byram passed away at The Nathaniel Witherell on August 26, 2012.
Julia was born in Philadelphia, PA on August 21, 1914, the daughter of Michael and Mary Stopa. Upon the death of her mother at age 3, she traveled to Poland with her father and two brothers. She remained there until her return to the USA at age 19.
Julia was a retired employee of the Town of Greenwich, having worked at Western Junior High as school matron. Her husband Louis Stolarski passed away in December 1969.
She is survived by her son John Stolarski and daughter Helen Kerschus, granddaughters Jeanne and Christine, great grandson Michael and her son-in-law Fred.
Family and friends may visit at the , Inc., 134 Hamilton Ave. in Greenwich on Friday, August 31, 2012 from 5:00 to 7:30PM. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held on Saturday, September 1 at 10 AM at . Burial will follow in St. Mary’s Cemetery.