In honor of Valentine’s Day, here are the 10 films deemed by the American Film Institute as the Top 10 romantic films of all time.
Is your favorite amorous movie included on this list? Which films would you add? Let us know in the poll and comments thread.
So without further ado …
- City Lights (1931, starring Charlie Chaplin)
- Annie Hall (1977, starring Woody Allen and Diane Keaton)
- It Happened One Night (1934, starring Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert)
- Roman Holiday (1953, starring Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn)
- The Philadelphia Story (1941, starring Katharine Hepburn, Cary Grant, and Jimmy Stewart)
- When Harry Met Sally (1989, starring Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan)
- Adam’s Rib (1949, starring Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn)
- Moonstruck (1987, starring Cher and Nicolas Cage)
- Harold and Maude (1971, starring Ruth Gordon and Bud Cort)
- Sleepless in Seattle (1993, starring Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan)