The weekend is looming and you don't have an idea of what you’ll do with the free time. Greenwich Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to try, and new bars, restaurants and shops to explore. Click on each location for a complete directory listing, with street addresses, parking information and more.
- - , 359 Greenwich Ave., Greenwich, CT
- When: April 8th; 6 – 8 p.m.
- Why Go: The event will feature drinks, delectable hors d’oeuvres by Fairway Markets, and live and silent auctions with items generously donated by Greenwich area merchants and GHS families and friends. Veteran New York City television anchor and reporter Kendra Farn, and her husband, WTNH anchor and sports director Noah Finz, are serving as honorary emcees for the evening. Click here for a complete list of auction items. After the festivities at Richards, guests are encouraged to dine at one of the many local restaurants that have partnered with Greenwich High School’s PTA to raise money for the school.
- Pricing: Tickets start at $75. Reservations are preferred, but walk-ins will be taken! Click here to download a reply card. Reservations can be made by sending an e-mail to Jackie Baxter at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, number of people you would like reservations for and a contact number Jackie can reach you for payment information.
- - 1281 Cove Road, Stamford, CT
- When: April 8th ; Doors open at 7 .p.m for dinner. Show starts at 8 p.m.
- Why Go: Cookie Thomas, a versatile vocalist whose voice is suited to well-known classic standards, blues and doo-wop, is a favorite among SoundWaters audiences and one of the region's most well-known performers. His easy, conversational style is always a hit and his trio of very talented musicians - Phil Bowler on bass, Joe McWilliams on piano and Bobby Leonard on drums---will warm up the room. Early reservations required. The room fills fast when Cookie's in town. You may bring your dinner and favorite beverage.
- Pricing: All tickets are $25. Prepaid reservations required to guarantee a seat. Call 203-406-3336 or email email@example.com.
- - Persimmon Ball April in Paris, , 1800 E. Putnam Ave., Greenwich
- When: Friday, April 8th; starts at 7:00 pm
- Why Go:Persimmon Ball is the YWCA of Greenwich's annual black-tie dinner dance. The event features entertainment, live and silent auctions, and is our largest fundraiser. Funds raised support YWCA's many programs and services, including: free services to victims of domestic violence; a 24/7 hotline, individual and group counseling, court advocacy and emergency shelter; scholarships to children and youth in need; free workshops that support and enrich the lives of women and girls. Click here for an auction preview.
- Pricing: For information, contact Samantha Conetta, Event Manager at (203) 869-6501 ext 102, Fax (203) 629-8187 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Walk for MS - Cove Island Park, Stamford, CT
- When: Sunday, April 10; Registration at 9 a.m.; walk starts at 10 a.m.
- Why Go: Every hour of every day, someone is diagnosed with MS. In this economy the needs of people with MS have never been greater. The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is dedicated to ending the devastating effects of MS but they can't do it without help. This event supports cutting-edge MS research to find better treatments and cure
provides financial assistance for thousands of Connecticut residents living with multiple sclerosis provides for programs and services offered by the Connecticut Chapter to help people with MS move their lives forward.
- Pricing: Free; To register: (860) 913-2550 ext. 321
- - , Tods Driftway & Shore Rd, Old Greenwich, CT
- When: Sunday, April 10; 9 a.m.
- Why Go: All runners and walkers welcome! Bring the family and come support brain cancer research. You can walk or run the scenic 5K course along the beautiful waterfront. It is a great morning out with family and friends. There will be a separate ½ mile kids race for those under 12. Prizes will be awarded and there will be food and goodies for everyone at the end of the race. The B*CURED Point Perspective is part of our B*Active Athletes program which raises awareness about brain cancer and funds for brain cancer research through athletics. There will be a prize for the be
- Pricing: $20; click here to download a registration form.