The presents have been unwrapped and you are wondering how "occupy" family room will last until Jan. 3rd when school resumes.
Here are some ideas to keep your sanity in check when the novelty of the new toys start to wear off.
- , 4 Horseneck Lane will be open Tuesday, Dec. 27 - Friday, Dec. 30 from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, Dec. 31 8 a.m. to 12 Noon.
- Dorothy Hamill Skating Rink - Sherman Avenue Greenwich.. Check website for skate schedule. Rentals and concession available. Fees vary.
- Audubon Greenwich - 613 Riversville Rd, Greenwich; Explore nature trails and more.
- - 1 Museum Dr., Greenwich; December School Vacation Workshops: A series of hands on workshops for students in grades 1 – 3 Tueday through Friday 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- , 449 Pemberwick Rd, Greenwich. Sherry Kline who leads the very popular roller skating at the Greenwich Civic Center, will direct a fun filled day of games, contest, and skating at the Civic Center. For children and their parents Kindergarten to 6th grades. $5
What to do outside of Greenwich:
, 10 N. Water St., Norwalk, CT.; 203-852-0700 - IMAX theater and marine life at your fingertips. Check website for several special events throughout the week including the Festival of Lighthouses, a meekrat exhibit and a special appearance by Santa as he dives into the shark tank!
, 39 Scofieldtown Rd., Stamford, CT; 203-322-1646. Through January 2, a LEGO train exhibit and gingerbread house display. Open Monday through Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed New Year's Day.)
- Monday, Dec. 26 at 7 p.m.
- Monday, Jan. 2 at 1 p.m.
Click here to purchase tickets through Ticketmaster; tickets range from $21 - $60 per ticket.
The UConn Huskies Basketball team will tip off against St. John at the XL Center in Hartford, CT:
Saturday, December 31 at 12:00 p.m.
Click here to purchase tickets through Ticketmaster; tickets are $33 each.
And you don't need to wait for it to snow to go skiing! All of these close by ski havens have rentals and provide lessons:
About 45 minutes away:
- Thunder Ridge Ski Area in Patterson, NY.
About 60 minutes away: