On Monday night in Tarrytown, spokesperson Brian Conybeare introduced the major players in the Tappan Zee Bridge rebuild from the bridge's owner, the Thruway, to the team eager to get building.
Meet the Thruway Authority's Thomas Madison and Tarrytown "point person" David Aukland, then check out these short clips of the Tappan Zee Constructors team.
From the Thruway Authority:
Thomas J. Madison, Jr., Executive Director
- "I think we're on a pace to make this one of the most transparent and community-involved projects any where in the county."
And the design-build team of Tappan Zee Constructors, LLC:
Walter Reichert, Project Manager and VP
- "We are more builders than theoreticians. This is the part that we like."
Carla Julian, Community Outreach/Diversity Manager
- "You'll have full access to me."
Jeffrey Han, Professional Engineer (PE)
- "It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for many of us, especially to be able to work on such an important and complex project in your backyard."
John Duschang, Environmental Manager
- "The environmental team is imbedded both within the design and within the constructors."
Chris Woods, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Compliance Manager
- "We put together a program that has the mechanisms that we need to level the playing field to make sure that we have participation."