Convent of the Sacred Heart
Three Sacred Heart Upper School students have been honored by the Connecticut Art Education Association for their outstanding work at the 2014 Scholastic Art Awards ceremony held at the University of Hartford's Lincoln Theater.
Juniors Gabrielle Giacomo and Mary Grace Henry received the Gold Key Award for their video public service announcement, “It Takes a Girl,” in the Film and Animation category. They also received the American Vision Award.
Senior Allison Bornstein was awarded the Gold Key for her art portfolio in photography. In addition to the Gold Key, she received a $60,000 scholarship to the Hartford Art School and the New Hampshire Institute of Art portfolio scholarship offer.
Three local students were awarded scholarships based on academic achievement, leadership and personal merit, at Denison University.
- Meredith Clark of Greenwich received a Denison Founders Award.
- Claudia Miller of Greenwich received a Denison Alumni Award.
- Lauren Totonis of Greenwich received a Denison Alumni Award.
Grace Tormey, a member of the Colgate University sophomore, has been inducted into the Colgate chapter of Phi Eta Sigma, the national scholastic honorary society. Tormey, a graduate of Greenwich Academy, was among the 167 students who received the distinction for having earned a grade point average of at least 3.5 during the 2012-2013 academic year.
The Westminster School has announced the academic honor awards for the fall 2013 term.
- Sophie Skinner of Greenwich, a junior, earned honors.
- Charlotte Poler of Greenwich, a senior, earned honors.
- Katherine Ogden of Old Greenwich, a sophomore, earned honors.
- Phebe Huth of Riverside, a junior, earned honors.
- Margaret Poler of Greenwich, a sophomore, earned high honors.
Stefan Aanonsen of Greenwich, graduated with a Bachelor of Science Business Administration degree in management.
Hudson Valley Community College
Richard Piper of Greenwich was named to the President's List at Hudson Valley Community College for the Fall 2013 academic term. The President's List honors those students who have a term grade point average between 3.5 and 4.0.
The Loomis Chaffee School
The following area students were recently named to the fall honor roll at The Loomis Chaffee School:
- Edward Foran, a freshman from Old Greenwich
- Charles Hanson, a freshman from Greenwich
- Alexander Cohen, a sophomore from Greenwich
- Madeleine Fargis, a sophomore from Greenwich
- Natasha Otton, a sophomore from Old Greenwich
- Charles Weld, a sophomore from Greenwich
- Claire Foran, a junior from Old Greenwich