More than two dozen Greenwich Public School students will be recognized for service activities that help to improve both their school and community in the annual Community Service Awards ceremony Tuesday evening.
The ceremony will be held at 5 p.m., Tuesday, March 25 at Old Greenwich School on Sound Beach Avenue. Schools Superintendent William S. McKersie and Board of Education Chairman Barbara O’Neill will present awards to the elementary, middle and high school student recipients.
Former Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Ernest Fleishman will present the Fleishman Award for Community Service to a high school student who has made outstanding contributions to the community and high school. The students will each receive State Citations in recognition of their accomplishments.
The student award recipients are:
- Quinn Patterson of Cos Cob School
- Vanna DelVecchio of Glenville School
- Gracen Barter of Hamilton Avenue School
- Charlie Decker of The International School at Dundee
- Yahaira Velecela Arroyo and Ralph Bologna of Julian Curtiss School
- Ila van Schaik of New Lebanon School
- Samuel Chard & Jonathan Doyle of North Mianus School
- Caitlin O’Brien and Lillian Saleeby of North Street School
- Carolina DesChamps and Sacha Norton of Old Greenwich School
- Elizabeth Garten and Clay Robinson of Parkway School
- Elizabeth Cook and Madeline Cook of Riverside School
- Genevieve DeWinter of Central Middle School
- James Chang of Eastern Middle School
- Rene Jameson of Western Middle School
- Raquel Ireifej of Bella House
- Sabrina Manero of Cantor House
- Chandler LaSorsa of Clark House
- John Dyment of Folsom House
- Benjamin Albano of Sheldon House
The Fleishman Service Award
- John Clarke of Greenwich High School
The ceremony will be followed by a reception in the Old Greenwich School Cafeteria.