Good morning Greenwich!
It's the first full day of fall and it certainly feels like it this morning. The good news is that it looks like it's shaping up to be a dry, sunny week with daytime temperatures rising to about 70 with overnight lows in the 40s and low 50s.
Here's this week's forecast from the National Weather Service:
- Today: Sunny, with a high near 65. Northwest wind 10 to 14 mph.
- Tonight: Clear, with a low around 44. Northwest wind around 8 mph.
- Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 70. Northwest wind 7 to 13 mph.
- Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 48. Northwest wind around 5 mph.
- Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 71. Northwest wind around 6 mph.
- Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 52.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 72.
- Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 52.
- Friday: Sunny, with a high near 71.
- Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 53.
Monday: Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Agency 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday: BET (Board of Estimate & Taxation) Meeting at 6:30 p.m.
Planning & Zoning Commission 7 p.m.
Wednesday: SNAC (Selectmen's Nominations Advisory Committee) noon.
Housing Authority Board Meeting 5:30 p.m.
Board of Parks & Recreation 6:30 p.m.
Planning & Zoning Board of Appeals (PZBA) 8 p.m.
Thursday: Retirement Board 8 a.m.
Board of Selectmen 10 a.m.
Parking Ticket Hearings 5 p.m.
Greenwich Board of Education 7 p.m. (Greenwich High School)
Friday: Parking Ticket Hearings 10 a.m.
The Greenwich Town Health Department will host the Stamford Hospital Mobile Wellness Coach on Monday, Sept. 23, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., providing annual mammogram screenings. The coach will be at Greenwich Town Hall.
Snails, Oysters and the Human Brain: Lessons in Evolution and Genomics—That's the title of the lecture to be given by Leonid L. Moroz, PhD, Professor of Neuroscience, Genetics, Biology and Chemistry, College of Medicine, at the University of Florida, at 7 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 24 at the Bruce Museum.
The documentary Shored Up will be shown and followed by a discussion about beaches and shorelines and the effects of development and storms in a program hosted by the League of Women Voters of Greenwich, Darien and Westchester at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Avon Theater in Stamford. There will be a discussion afterwards with Town of Greenwich Conservation Director Denise Savageau.
The annual parade of the Torah celebrating the completion of the reading of the Torah will be held at Temple Sholom at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept.26.