Good morning Greenwich!
A shower or two may start off this last week of summer but after today, it looks like it's going to be a specs week, according to the forecast from the National Weather Service.
- Today: Light rain likely, mainly between 11am and 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 69. North wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight: A chance of light rain, mainly before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 49. North wind 8 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 64. Northeast wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Tuesday Night: Clear, with a low around 43. Light north wind.
- Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 72. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 51.
- Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 75.
- Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 55.
- Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 77.
- Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 60.
The Representative Town Meeting returns from its summer recess and meets at 8 p.m. Monday at Central Middle School, 9 Indian Rock Ln. Among the items on the agenda are proposed policies on leasing town-owned facilities and creating a harbor management commission.
The Arch Street Teen Center is holding an open house on Tuesday for anyone interested in learning about the services its offers.
The Cos Cob Association will meet to discuss strategies to preserve that neighborhood on Tuesday night, Sept. 17.
Find out the latest details on the contaminated soil remediation project at Greenwich High School on Wednesday. There will be presentations from local and state officials beginning at 6 p.m. in the high school auditorium, 10 Hillside Rd.