Good morning Greenwich!
There's a rainy start to the week as Greenwich Public School students return to class. (There's orientation classes for sixth-and ninth-graders on Monday, with classes for all students on Tuesday.) And the skies are expected to brighten up by Wednesday.
Here's the National Weather Service forecast:
- Monday: Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 84. Southwest wind 6 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night: Scattered showers and thunderstorms before 10pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 10pm and 1am, then scattered showers and thunderstorms after 1am. Patchy fog after 10pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. Southwest wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tuesday: Isolated showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 86. Northwest wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Night: Isolated showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 67. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Wednesday: Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 84. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Wednesday Night: Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.
- Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 62.
- Friday: Sunny, with a high near 83.
- Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 60.
- Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 82.
Get a leg up on Labor Day with cooking lessons at Barcelona Wine Bar restaurant. Learn how to make paella at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the 18. W. Putnam Ave. restaurant. Or if you prefer to just have someone cook for you, there's the La Tomatina dinner at 7 p.m. Wednesday that celebrates this annual holiday in Valencia where the summer tomato harvest includes tomato-throwing (and it could in Greenwich too!)
If you enjoy dancing, or want to learn...or have your children share in the joy of dancing, Allegra Dance Studio, is taking registration for its fall classes, which begin Sept. 3.
Love to sing? Then head to the First Congregational Church on Sound Beach Avenue in Old Greenwich for its Summer Sings program at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 28. Music will be provided and the evening will be directed by First Church’s own Director of Music Craig Scott Symons. And it's free.
And the Greenwich Board of Education will hold a public hearing on the racial balance and facilities use issues that are under consideration. The hearing is at 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 29, at Greenwich High School, 10 Hillside Rd.