Today is St. Patrick’s Day and our suggestion to celebrate: Pull up a bar stool - or grab a table - and enjoy pints of Guinness and Shepherd’s Pie at your favorite pub.
Check out these great local haunts for all things Irish on St. Paddy’s Day, or just for some pre-gaming in green for Sunday’s parade.
- The Gingerman (64 Greenwich Ave., Greenwich; 203-861-6400): Head here for corned beef and cabbage, bangers and mash, and other special food items. The bar will also have plenty of brew on tap, plus the usual happy hour specials.
- Thataway Café (409 Greenwich Ave., Greenwich; 203-622-0947): Specials at this local favorite will “most likely” included corned beef and cabbage, as well as drink discounts.
- Sundown Saloon (403 Greenwich Ave., Greenwich; 203-629-8212): In addition to the normal 4 to 7 p.m. happy hour, dinner specials will include Irish-inspired selections.
- Mackenzie’s Grill Room (148 Sound Beach Ave., Old Greenwich; 203-698 0223): Enjoy items from the menu’s “Ye Olde Pub Fare” section, plus drink specials. For the entire month of March, the bar is also offering its 17th annual Celtic menu.
- Boxcar Cantina (44 Old Field Point Road, Greenwich; 203-661-4774): Not a fan of meat and potatoes? Bring your green-hued game to Boxcar Cantina for a meal of savory, Northern Mexican cuisine instead.