To the Editor,
I have always voted by candidate and never by party. Although I tend toward the Democratic candidates, I am the true moderate.
On election day, November 6th, we have many choices, including that of State Representative. With no reservations, Fred Camillo gets my vote.
Unlike most politicians who relate on a self-involved level, Fred is available to his constituents and always willing to listen and help. Here are some of the legislative items in which Fred has participated or sponsored.
- The Volunteer Protection and Indemnity Bill - Introduced by Fred which protects fire and police volunteers should an exigency transpire whil3 they are protecting the public.
- Learn Here, Live Here Bill - Fred participated in this legislation with Commerce Committee Chair, Jeffery Berger (D-Waterbury). After 2014, this bill permits graduates of Connecticut technical schools and colleges to accumulate up to $2,500 from their paid taxes toward a home down payment.
- Single Stream Recycling - Advocated by Fred which saves our town over $1,000,000 per year and increases the number of people recycling.
- Co-Chairs Legislators for Animal Advocacy and has introduced bills that have become laws; something very dear to my heart.
- Fred worked tirelessly on the cell tower applications to prevent construction in North Mianus and Valley Road. This bill became law in 2012.
Fred is politically, Republican, but values Democrats and Independents. He is one of our finest bi-partisan politicians and we are fortunate that he is our representative. I believe in Fred and you’re vote will be well-placed with him.