UPDATE: Woman Faces Charges After Claiming Man Was in Her Home With Shotgun

Tina Pray was arrested by Greenwich Police following the New Year's Eve incident.

Tina Pray. Photo from lidsblog.wordpress.com
Tina Pray. Photo from lidsblog.wordpress.com

Updated: 12:15 p.m., Jan. 3:
Greenwich Police say that video and audio recordings of a New Year's Eve incident led them to press charges against a Riverside woman who claimed she was assaulted and threatened by a former boyfriend armed with a shotgun.

Lt. Robert Berry said that Tina Pray was arrested after she called 911 to report she was being assaulted by the unidentified ex-boyfriend and threatened. "Officers found a male subject outside the house. She asserted again that she was assaulted and threatened," Berry said.

"An investigation did not substantiate that. The male had actually videotaped the incident with his cellphone. A review of the video and audio of the incident ... and physical evidence at the scene, she faces the charges," Berry said.

Original story: 8:49 a.m. Jan. 3
Riverside resident Tina Pray is facing a litany of charges following a New Year's Eve incident in which she reportedly called 911 and reported a man was pointing a shotgun at her and wouldn't let her leave her Riverside home.

According to a Greenwich Police report, Natasha Justina Pray, 50, of 80 N. Sound Beach Ave., Riverside, was arrested Dec. 31 following the 5:30 p.m. incident.

Pray, who is known as Tina, and had appeared in the Bravo reality television program Miss Advised, was charged with falsely reporting an incident concerning serious physical injury or death; second-degree falsely reporting an incident, misuse of the emergency 911 system, disorderly conduct and second-degree reckless endangerment, according to the report.

"Numerous police units responded to 80 North Sound Beach Avenue on a report of a male subject holding a shotgun on the reporting party and refusing to allow her to leave the residence," according to the report.

An investigation "revealed that no threats of a weapon or physical altercation occurred," and Pray was taken into custody, according to the report. The report did not identify the man.

Pray is a daughter of the late Greenwich auto magnate and philanthropist Malcolm Pray who died last August. She is a fixture in local social circles and appeared in the 2012 Bravo series.

Pray posted $25,000 bond and appeared Jan. 2 in state Superior Court in Stamford. Her case has been continued until Jan. 14, according to the Connecticut Judicial Branch website.

Jane Alexander January 06, 2014 at 12:06 PM
History of faking assault charges against men, first time caught! Clearly has major anger management problems stemming from awful relationship with her father, whose last act was to cut her out of his will. Really sad woman, needs help.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »