Good morning Greenwich!
This week sure is the week to take a few days off to enjoy the weather. Mother Nature will get the clouds and possible showers out of her system today...then it's sunny and warm with temperatures in the 80s for the rest of the week. Here's the National Weather Service forecast for Greenwich.
- Today: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 83. West wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 64. West wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 86. Northwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Tuesday Night: Clear, with a low around 63. Southwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 90. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 8 mph in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 67.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 87.
- Thursday Night: A chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 67. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 83.
- Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 64.
- Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 79.
Terrapin, the Grateful Dead tribute band, returns for an encore performance at The Cos Cobber, 31 E. Putnam Ave., Cos Cob, on Wednesday night, Aug. 21. The band features founding members former Greenwich resident Matthew Winthrop on keyboards and vocals, Geoff Schneider of Wilton on lead guitar and vocals, and Paul Dunay of Greenwich on rhythm guitar and vocals, as well as Dave Schimansky on drums and Ric Lubell on bass and vocals.
There's a 'Shop & Spa Social for Mom & Daughter'that will be hosted by the designers at the Carlisle Collection, 40 Greenwich Ave., on Thursday evening, Aug. 22. While mothers shop for fall fashions, daughters will be receive spa skin treatments and back-to school supplies.
There are drop-in computer labs at Greenwich Library. Get hands on assistance with downloading audio books and eBooks using OverDrive, library data bases, Microsoft Office applications, Internet search, email, and basic computing with library staff every Tuesday at 11 a.m. and Thursday at 3 p.m.
And end the week with a visit to The Woman's Club of Greenwich's tag sale that begins at the club headquarters at 89 Maple Ave. at 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 24.